Parkridge East Hospital - Chattanooga, TN Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor & Delivery
Parkridge East Hospital, a facility of Parkridge Health Systems, is a 128-bed full-service, acute care hospital serving the Chattanooga, Tennessee and northwest Georgia area. Well known as a leader in obstetrics, high-risk births and women's services, Parkridge East also specializes in orthopedics, emergency care, inpatient & outpatient surgery and diagnostics. Parkridge East has been serving the community for over 30 years, and is your family's partner in healthcare for every stage of life.
Our facility offers award-winning healthcare for every stage of life, delivered by highly trained professionals. The Birth Place is one of the region's premier women's centers offering the highest quality care and delivery of infants and new mothers. This includes 8 labor delivery rooms, 7 labor/triage rooms, high risk OB with a 22-bed NICU. We offer a full spectrum of services from education classes for pregnant moms to lactation consultation and support after the baby is born. Our neonatal intensive care unit for high- risk newborns provides care for the smallest premature newborn to the ill, full-term baby. Parkridge East
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor & Delivery
will be working full time nights (7pm - 7am) with rotating nights. Responsibilities:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs including obtaining patient history and assessing for labor risk factors.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Cares for patients requiring fetal assessment/fetal monitoring.
- Manages the patient's pain including epidural and patient controlled analgesia administration management.
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs.
- Assists physician during delivery, treatment, examination and surgical procedures.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- TN RN License required
- BLS Current
- ACLS; NRP Obtained/maintained within timeframes required by hospital policy.
- Graduate of accredited RN program.
- Previous experience required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom