*$10,000.00 SIGN ON BONUS*
- 2 years L&D RN experience required with 2 year commitment. (HCA employees not eligible)
It's a Family Affair Whether you are a first time mother-to-be or an experienced one, a women's pregnancy is one of the most important times of her life.
- We've designed our facilities as a labor, delivery and recovery room (LDR) concept to complete all phases of childbirth in the same room.
- Large, private rooms are designed to safely accommodate normal labor, delivery and immediate postpartum recovery for you and your family.
- Decorated with moms in mind, rooms feature a home-like decor, soothing setting and the latest medical equipment for safe, comfortable deliveries.
- Orange Park Medical Center is proud to offer private rooms to all maternity patients. We have 30 private mother/baby rooms and nine private labor, delivery and recovery (LDR) rooms.
Extraordinary Care Our staff includes some of the area's most qualified and experienced doctors, nurses and nurse-midwives. A five-bed triage/treatment room allows us to assess expectant mothers for emergent and nonemergent conditions and we have three operating rooms available for Cesarean deliveries on the unit.
The Labor & Delivery Registered Nurse RN
is responsible for delivering quality patient care for their assigned hospital unit. The quality of care given will be determined by keeping within the philosophy, mission, and values of the hospital and the Department of Nursing. The RN will maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice in order to meet the health care needs of patients, their families, and the community. The Registered Nurse, in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team, coordinates the plan of care for assigned patients. The Staff RN participates in performance improvement initiatives as directed.
RN is responsible for meeting Joint Commission standards, complying with all state and federal regulations, complying with corporate and hospital policy and procedures. The RN is also expected to manage supplies and equipment, promote teamwork with physicians and all health care providers, and promote internal and external customer satisfactio n.
Duties include the following:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Patient Assessment/Documentation - The Registered Nurse provides and documents patient care based on the nursing process in compliance with hospital policies and procedures. Plans, delegates, and coordinates the nursing care of assigned patients. Utilizes basic physical and psychosocial assessment skills to identify actual nursing diagnosis/clinical problems based on assessment of patient and unique age specific needs.
- Patient Rights - The Registered Nurse will work to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treat each patient with dignity and care, and maintain patient confidentiality/privacy.
- Patient Safety - The Registered Nurse demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products.
- Patient/Family Education - The Registered Nurse provides a ppropriate patient/family education, per department and hospital policy and procedures.
•Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (required)
•Acceptable degrees from an accredited school include: Diploma Program in Nursing, an Associate Degree in Nursing or a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
•RN License in this state (required)
•American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
•Successful completion of the following within the first 6 months of entering this position:
•One year Registered Nurse experience in an acute care environment (required)