RN, L&D, FT, Nights, 0.9 FTE Highlands Regional Medical Center Sebring, FL Facility Description:
Highlands Regional Medical Center, located in Sebring, FL is a 126-bed inpatient, full service facility offering a full range of Emergency, Surgical, Inpatient and Outpatient services. Highlands Regional Medical Center offers the most advanced technology and attracts the most highly qualified physicians and surgeons in our area. Serving the surrounding counties with all the expertise and compassion at its command, Highlands Regional Medical Center has cared for the citizens of Highlands and its surrounding counties since 1965. As we grow, the hospital is becoming more and more important to the people throughout this area.
Expertly staffed and equipped, this full-service hospital provides the proper environment essential for patient progress and ultimate recovery. Highlands Regional Medical Center's personnel, consisting of highly trained professionals, form a dedicated healthcare team whose coordinated efforts assure consistent excellence in various medical specialties. Highlands Regional's modern facility is designed to meet the diversity of its patients' needs, from emergency care, to outpatient care, to surgery. Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
The L&D RN
provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
Qualifications: Required Job Qualifications include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Current licensure as a FL RN
- Current certification as a BLS/NRP Healthcare Provider.
- Fetal Monitoring
- Previous L&D experience required
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom