Registered Nurse (RN) Labor & Delivery/OB - PRN Terre Haute Regional Hospital
is a 278-bed community-based medical center with comprehensive medical and surgical programs. Accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America, we are dedicated to our Mission, Values and Vision and are committed to providing quality, individualized patient care to the communities we serve. THRH strives to find the perfect life/work balance for our employees. We're more than a hospital, we're a family!
- Awesome educational resources, competitive pay, caring culture and supportive team, plus outstanding leadership.
- Dedicated management staff to help provide continued professional growth
- Full ability to self-schedule
- First Wabash Valley Hospital to be designated as an Accredited Chest Pain Center
- 24/7 Trauma/Surgical Services and "In The Process" stage for Level II Trauma Center Designation
- Regional Hospital recently earned a 4th-straight 'A' grade in Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade rankings
- The Paul Seibenmorgen Cancer Center at Terre Haute Regional Hospital has received the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer approval with commendation.
The Labor & Delivery/OB Registered Nurse (RN) - PRN/Hours Vary
will perform care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director. Our Women's and Children's Services offers excellent and compassionate care for Labor, Anti & Post Partum, Newborns, GYN, NICU and Pediatric patients with a 7-beds capacity for Labor & Delivery and a 16-bed Pediatric unit. We are a Level II NICU with a neonatologist on staff. Job description
The Labor and Delivery (L&D) Registered Nurse
provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of HCA. The L&D RN performs maternal assessments and provides appropriate interventions for patients who range in age from menses to menopause. The L&D Nurse performs fetal assessments and provides appropriate interventions. The Labor and Delivery RN uses appropriate interventions for OB pain management. The L&D RN performs and monitors OB anesthesia/analgesia and provides appropriate interventions. The RN communicates effectively with all members of health care team, utilizing verbal and written skills. The L&D Nurse responds to acute changes in unit and patient conditions. The RN demonstrates support of Lactation Services. The Labor and Delivery RN initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others. The RN performs Labor and Delivery surgical procedures. The Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse is expected to attend Unit Meetings as directed by the Nurse Manager and participate in continuing education programs to maintain competence and gain additional skills. Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current Registered Indiana RN License
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- ACLS, PALS, and NRP certification within 6 months of hire
- 1 year of experience in Labor & Delivery (preferred)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom