Work Schedule: PRN (Days and Nights available) Medical City Lewisville
is focused on providing high-quality care to our community. As a Magnet®
recognized facility, we are a leader in the DFW market for quality metrics, and Nursing satisfaction performance according to the National Database of Nursing Quality Indictors.
Through our many well established professional practice councils and shared leadership model, Medical City Lewisville
is committed to listening to our nursing voice
; which drives outcomes and impacts practice environments using evidence-based research.
We take pride in being able to support our Nurses through:
• Career enhancement reward systems
• Tuition reimbursement to advance nursing education
• Assistance with obtaining professional nursing certifications
• Professional Nursing library and relaxation room
Come join a team where Nurses say: "It's very much like family here. Everyone is friendly and gets to know one another. We take pride in the fact we have such a friendly culture while still being able to deliver exceptional care that rivals larger organizations." Position Summary & Responsibilities:
The RN - L&D - Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse
provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs including obtaining patient history and assessing for labor risk factors
- Carries out physician orders
- Cares for patients requiring fetal assessment/fetal monitoring
- Manages the patient's pain including epidural and patient controlled analgesia administration management
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs
- Assists physician during delivery, treatment, examination and surgical procedures
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems
- Instructs and educates patients and families
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care
- Orients and mentors new staff members
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and NRP.
- ACLS certification within 6 months of hire.
- AWHONN Fetal Monitor training within 6 months of hire
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Associates Degree in Nursing required. Enroll in BSN program after 6 months of hire and obtain in 36 months
- At least 2 years of nursing experience, and 1 year of Labor and Delivery Nursing experience preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom