LewisGale Hospital - Montgomery is seeking a Registered Nurse to join their Labor and Delivery team!
LewisGale Hospital Montgomery (LGHM) is located in the beautiful mountainous region of Virginia. Montgomery is located in the backyard of the Virginia Tech University
campus. LGHM is a HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) hospital and are considered a 146-bed acute care facility . Most importantly, we hold a distinction for being a Magnet Facility and are recognized by the Joint Commission as a Top Performer . Consider being a part of making a difference in our community by joining our facility! Clinical Judgment
- Has demonstrated Clinical Judgment as evidenced by graduate of a school of nursing and has successfully passed board exam for licensure.
- The RN demonstrates the essential clinical knowledge to positively affect patient outcomes though implementation of the nursing process of assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating care within the scope of nursing practice per the guidelines of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Demonstrates competent or expert nursing skills.
- Demonstrates clinical wisdom through application knowledge.
- Documents effectively and succinctly in a timely fashion.
- Incorporates time management and prioritizes to demonstrate clinical judgment with efficiency.
- Follows LGHM process for dispensing of medications and narcotic control.
- Resolves clinical problems that occur at the bedside and in the care environment.
- Questions and evaluates practice, creates practice changes through research utilization and experiential learning.
- Motivated to seek literature to answer questions, and brings best evidence to the bedside rather than relying on tradition.
- Completes annual educational requirements and other recommended learning activities.
- Demonstrates caring practices and engagement by creating a compassionate and therapeutic environment, promotes comfort and prevents suffering through presence and attentiveness.
- Creates a safe environment for patients.
- Extends caring practices to all members of the care team with a compassionate attitude. Demonstrates timely pain assessment and reassessment.
- Coaches other members of the team as applicable.
- Current license as RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia or Compact State
- BCLS certification within 90 days.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) within 6 months of employment
- Fetal Heart Monitoring Principles and Practice within 1 year of employment
- BSN from an accredited school of nursing
- Member of a national professional nursing organization
- Specialty certification from a national accrediting organization
- ACLS certification for charge nurse
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom