TriStar Centennial Medical Center - Nashville, TN Registered Nurse (RN) - High Risk Obstetrics - FT Nights
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success! The Maternal Special Care Unit
provides safe family-centered and individualized care to the high-risk perinatal patient throughout the antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum periods. Services include, but are not limited to, observation of labor, tests of fetal wellbeing and perinatal special procedures. In addition to operative and spontaneous vaginal births, surgical procedures include Pubs, cerclages, D & C's and tubal ligations. Weekly Interdisciplinary Team Rounds are conducted on this service to enhance continuity of care and quality. Depending on the diagnosis, the lengths of hospital stay ranges from 24 hours to several weeks.
The top DRG's for this unit are:
Centennial Medical Center
- Preterm labor
- Preterm premature rupture of the membranes
- Diabetes in pregnancy
- Pregnancy induced hypertension, HELLP
- Vaginal bleeding in pregnancy
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Maternal Special Care
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served as per Scope of Service.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents all patient care.
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with patients, guests, physicians, and other employees.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- Current licensure by Tennessee Board of Nursing
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification.
- Current NRP certification.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom