RN Med/Surg - Days
Fairview Park Hospital is an employee-centered, physician-friendly, community-focused hospital. We are a state-of-the-art, 190-bed acute care facility providing community healthcare services including a 24-hr Emergency Room, inpatient and outpatient surgery options, and rehabilitation therapy services. Our culture is based upon our values of I-CARE: Integrity, Competence, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. In our small-town community, we are literally, "Neighbors Caring for Neighbors".
Accepts the responsibility and accountability for a designated group of patients. Administers direct and indirect patient care based on scientific principles and guided by the established policies and procedures of Fairview Park Hospital. Proficient in specialty areas as appropriate. Population served:
Infant, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric.
The Med/Surg RN will possess verbal ability to present information and ideas related to nursing theory and practice. Willing to accept responsibility and accountability to prescribe, delegate and coordinate nursing care. Area qualifications may include: ACLS certification, certification in specialty area, word processing, & computer knowledge.
Employees Supervised: LPN, PCA, Unit Clerk, Nurse Tech
POSITION REQUIREMENTS include but are not limited to:
1. Assess & reassess patient condition. Initiate plan of care. Begin discharge planning on admission. Recognize & report change in condition, evaluate care, update/revise plan of care. Provides patient care.
2. Maintain & apply current nursing standards and clinical competency including the National Patient Safety Goals. Apply critical thinking skills in conjunction with facility policies & procedures to prioritize and problem solve.
3. Meet the personal and practical needs of patients and families as described in "Patients First Service". Use appropriate & effective communication skills.
4. Accepts accountability for completion of assignments, demonstrates reliability & dependability (including compliance with the attendance policy), and utilizes time and material cost-effectively.
5. Continue self-development, provide leadership & actively participate in Performance Improvement Activities. Directs others as needed.
6. Reflects HCA values and its ethical and compliance principles in his/her daily activities (Code of Conduct).
Experience: Med Surge Tele RN exp. Preferred.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing,
Current RN license in GA.
Special Qualifications: Current CPR. Successful completion of medication exam according to policy guidelines.