is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation's largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is also one of the area's largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinctio n. Registered Nurse Medical Full Time Days w/Rotating Weekends
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Provide patient and family education and discharge planning.
- Recognize and respond to changes in a patient's condition.
- Provide assessment and care of Medical/Surgical, Oncologic, Chronically ill, terminally ill & Palliative Care patients.
- Provide safe medication administration for the Medical/Surgical, Oncologic (chemotherapy requires certification for Registered Nurses), chronically ill and terminally ill patient.
- Performs assessments within their Scope of Practice.
- Collects and reports data.
- Provide education and facilitates with discharge planning.
- Ensure patient satisfaction.
Licensure and Certifications:
- Prior experience on a Medical/Oncology Unit
- New Hampshire State Licensure or Valid Compact State License