Park Plaza & Plaza Specialty Hospitals - Houston, TX Registered Nurse- Medical Surgical (5 North)
Shift: 7P-7A, 3 days a week, rotating weekends
Located adjacent to the Texas Medical Center, Park Plaza and Plaza Specialty Hospitals offer the convenience of a community hospital with two distinct purposes. Since 1975, Park Plaza Hospital has been offering complete medical services, including surgery as well as outpatient, imaging and rehabilitation. Plaza Specialty Hospital, a hospital within a hospital, has been providing long-term acute care to those needing prolonged hospitalization and recovery since 1994. Park Plaza/Plaza Specialty Hospital
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical (5 North). Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Position Requirements
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge regarding operation of patient-related equipment
- Demonstrates proficiency in performance of job-related technical skills
- Demonstrates current knowledge of medications, actions, contraindications, and adverse reactions.
- Consistently attends and actively participates in unit meeting
- Serves as a participant on Nursing service committees and/or unit projects
- Accountable for maintaining and improving own professional nursing knowledge/competence through establishment of personal goals and continuous self-development
- Uses job knowledge/proficiency of skills to successfully assist in orientation of new employees
- Ensures personal safety and the safety of patients and visitor
- Includes principles of infection control in nursing care implementation
- Keeps self-informed of various changes and concerns through the use of Meditech, communication books, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Patient safety goals.
- Completes other duties assigned
- Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse.
- Previous clinical nursing experience.
- Current BLS issued by the American Heart Association
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom