West Houston Medical Center - Houston, Texas
Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Surgical (6th Floor) Shift: PRN 7A-7P
West Houston Medical Center
has been offering exceptional care to the West Houston community for 30 years. With more than 1,200 members on our care team and 400 of the region's most talented doctors, we are able to provide nationally-recognized quality care.
Our hospital in Houston
provides a wide range of services, several of which are nationally accredited or affiliated:
West Houston Medical Center
- Bariatric/Weight Loss Surgery
- Breast Center
- Cancer Treatment
- Cardiovascular Center
- Diabetes Management
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Emergency Medicine
- Senior Care
- Sleep Disorder Center
- Women's Services
- Wound Healing
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical Surgical (6th Floor) Position Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Position Requirements:
- Under the general direction of the Director/Manager the Registered Nurse is responsible for the provision of safe and effective care to patients admitted for specialized care.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge regarding operation of patient-related equipment
- Demonstrates proficiency in performance of job-related technical skills
- Demonstrates current knowledge of medications, actions, contraindications, and adverse reactions.
- Consistently attends and actively participates in unit meeting
- Serves as a participant on Nursing service committees and/or unit projects
- Accountable for maintaining and improving own professional nursing knowledge/competence through establishment of personal goals and continuous self-development
- Uses job knowledge/proficiency of skills to successfully assist in orientation of new employees
- Ensures personal safety and the safety of patients and visitor
- Includes principles of infection control in nursing care implementation
- Keeps self-informed of various changes and concerns through the use of Meditech, communication books, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Patient safety goals.
- Completes other duties assigned
- Adheres the Customer Service Principles of West Houston Medical Center
- Supports hospital mission, objectives, decisions, and policies
- Identifies and assists when a CNA is in need of RN assistance for completion of patient care assignments
- Current license in Texas as a Registered Nurse
- Current BLS certification issued by the American Heart Association
- Previous RN experience in a Medical Surgical hospital setting, preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom