St. Petersburg General Hospital (SPGH) seeks a dynamic RN to join our 35 bed Medical/Surgical Department!
Our focus is not only patient satisfaction but STAFF satisfaction. The hospital ranked top work place four years in a row and is Chest Pain and Stroke accredited. We are located in the heart of Pinellas County and five minutes from the pristine Gulf of Mexico. The hospital is licensed for 215 beds and has served the community for over four decades. St. Petersburg is a growing city with exciting nightlife and plenty of outdoor activities to keep the whole family busy. SPGH strives to find the perfect life/work balance! We invite you to join our superior team and continue the very highest standard of care.
- Skill Mix: RN, Unit Secretary, CNA, Student Nurse
- Major Equipment Used: IV pumps, IVAC, Dinamaps, Dopplers, Lifting Equipment, Nova StatStrip Glucometer, Pyxis, Crash Cart with Defibrillator
- Schedules: 12-hour shifts (0645-1915, 1845-0715); Full Time is considered 36 hours per week, including every other weekend, Self-scheduling is available
- Designated Charge Nurse who does not typically take an assignment on the day shift
- Lifting equipment available: Opera, Encore, Maxislides, Z-slides
- Teaching hospital with a full complement of interns and family practice residents who are able and willing to assist with ensuring patients receive the highest quality of care possible.
At SPGH, we utilize complete computerized charting ("Electronic Health Record") for our patient assessment and care documentation. We also utilize eMAR, our electronic medication administration record for the delivery of all medications provided to our patients, which has significantly reduced errors associated when administering medications.Qualifications: Education
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required, BSN preferred
- Current Florida State Registered Nursing license
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) through American Heart Association required
- Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom