Capital Regional is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Seniors First, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
Unit Description: Medical Telemetry is a 44 bed cardiac unit that houses the typical cardiac disease process: CP, CHF, COPD Cath procedures and pacemaker insertion and removal. We also will have medical patients as well dehydration, abdominal pain etc. Typically, the ratio is 1:6.
Position Summary: Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
• Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
• State of Florida RN License required
• BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider
• ACLS - required on hire for experienced nurses. New Graduates will need to obtain within 90 days of hire.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
• 1-3 Years Acute care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
• Knowledge of universal precautions
• Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
• Basic computer skills
• RN-Basic arrhythmia test recognition - have upon hire or within 30 days of hire with a 90% passing score
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom