Houston Northwest Medical Center - Houston, Texas
Registered Nurse (RN) - MedSurg/Medical/Cardiac Telemetry (6 South)
Since 1973, Houston Northwest Medical Center has been providing comprehensive healthcare to the North Houston communities. The hospital is known for its maternity and women's services, including a Level II Neonatal ICU, and for its cardiac care as well as bariatric and diabetes programs. In addition to its hospital emergency room, Houston Northwest Medical Center operates two urgent care centers
Houston Northwest Medical Center is currently accepting applications for Registered Nurse (RN) - MedSurg/Medical/Cardiac Telemetry - (6 South)
The RN must be able to prioritize work and duties well and must work well under stressful situations. They have to demonstrate good communication and customer service skills with a variety of patients, physicians, and other health care providers both internal and external to the organization, and must make accurate clinical decisions and judgments quickly. Demonstrate proficiency in understanding and calculating medication dosages, and demonstrate thorough knowledge of the side effects and hazards of various pharmacologic agents administered.
• The Registered Nurse coordinates, supervises and is accountable for safe professional nursing care of patients within an assigned department.
• Achieves professional goals set during previous evaluation period
• Demonstrates professional behavior and conduct at all times
• Demonstrates and maintains good employee/peer relationship and teamwork
• Prioritize work and duties and must work well under stressful situations
• Demonstrate good communication and customer service skills with patients, families, physicians, peers and healthcare team
• Demonstrates accountability for direct patient care, applies nursing process, prioritizes care and evaluates outcome
• Participates and facilitates in the discharge planning process and assists with decreasing readmissions Documents all aspects of patient care efficiently, accurately and per policy recommendations.
• Delegate's patient care to license/ non licensed nursing staff, based on acuity, needs of patient, staff availability and qualifications
• Participates in Performance Improvement activity
• Graduate of approved and accredited nursing program (A.D.N/B.S.N)
• Current RN Licensure in the State of Texas;
• Basic BLS and ACLS from an AHA provider.
one year of clinical experience in an acute care setting preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom