Houston Northwest Medical Center - Houston, Texas Registered Nurse- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Since 1973, Houston Northwest Medical Center
has been providing comprehensive healthcare to the North Houston communities. The hospital is known for its maternity and women's services, including a Level II Neonatal ICU, and for its cardiac care as well as bariatric and diabetes programs. In addition to its hospital emergency room, Houston Northwest Medical Center
operates two urgent care centers Houston Northwest Medical Center
is currently accepting applications for Registered Nurse- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).Responsibilities:
- The Registered Nurse coordinates, supervises and is accountable for safe professional nursing care of patients within an assigned department.
- Achieves professional goals set during previous evaluation period
- Demonstrates professional behavior and conduct at all times
- Demonstrates and maintains good employee/peer relationship and teamwork
- Prioritize work and duties and work well uinder stressful situations
- Demonstrate good communication and customer service skills with patients, families, physicians, peers and healthcare team
- Demonstrates accountability for direct patient care, applies nursing process, prioritizes care and evaluates outcome caring for and stabilizing premature and term neonates with criticical medical and surgical conditions
- Participates and facilitates in the discharge planning process and cost containment
- Documents all aspects of patient care efficiently, accurately and per policy recommendations.
- Delegate's patient care to license/ non licensed nursing staff, based on acuity, needs of patient, staff availability and qualifications
- Participates in Performance Improvement activity
- Graduate of approved and accredited nursing program (A.D.N/B.S.N)
- Current RN Licensure in the State of Texas.
- BLS (provider course) required
- NRP within 90 days of hire;
- Six months to one year of clinical experience