This is a Friday-Saturday 7P-7A shift additional hours during the week.
Houston Northwest Medical Center - Houston, Texas
Registered Nurse (RN) - Surgery
Since 1973, Houston Northwest Medical Center
has been providing comprehensive healthcare to the North Houston communities. The hospital is known for its maternity and women's services, including a Level II Neonatal ICU, and for its cardiac care as well as bariatric and diabetes programs. In addition to its hospital emergency room, Houston Northwest Medical Center operates two urgent care centers Houston Northwest Medical Center
is currently accepting applications for Registered Nurse (RN) - Surgery
- The RN Service Coordinators assigned to the Operating Room cares for infants, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics. Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for Operating Room Area and managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment.
- Demonstrates clinical expertise in area of specialty. Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care.
- Circulates or scrubs for a variety of surgical specialty cases. Supervises and evaluates work performance in terms of patient care, staff relations and efficiency of service.
- Addresses educational and competency issues of staff within their service.
- Able to take Charge in the absence of the Charge Nurse. Administers medications as ordered by the physician.
- Responsible for surgical suite preparation for a variety of surgical cases.
- Responsible and accountable for all ordering for their specialty along with monitoring of out dates, specialty equipment and repairs.
- Collaborates with physicians, nurses, and other clinical disciplines in making decisions regarding each patient's care needs. Participates in research for capital purchases and cost containment through active involvement with staff and physicians.
- Works with professional and nonprofessional employees of the hospital, and with physicians, patients and their families.
- Assumes responsibility for orientation of new personnel and nursing students, as delegated by the Charge Nurse.
- Two years scrubbing and circulating experienced required in an OR setting.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Current CPR certification.
- CNOR/ACLS preferred.
- Demonstrated current clinical competence as outlined in the appropriate orientation checklist.
- Medication Test score of 8O% or better.
- Maintains current clinical competence.
- Annual Skills Checklist (Skills Competency)
- Demonstrated knowledge of surgical aseptic technique.
- Maintains knowledge of all patient care equipment
- Knowledge of AORN Standards and Recommended Practices
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom