For over 45 years, HCA's Memorial Hospital in Jacksonville has been a leader in providing quality healthcare to Northeast Florida. Memorial Hospital is a 418-bed acute care hospital offering a full line of services, including 24-hour emergency care at four different locations. We feature an accredited Chest Pain Center , certified Stroke Center, dedicated Heart Center , Bone and Joint Center , and Memorial's maternity center , Special Beginnings.
Memorial Hospital (an HCA facility) is located less than 20 miles from the beaches of Jacksonville. We are the premiere medical facility in the Jacksonville area featuring a Certified Chest Pain Center, Certified Stroke Center as well as a dedicated Heart Center. Memorial Hospital is also a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital.
Due to increased volume and our upcoming transition to Level II Trauma accreditation, recruitment is underway for strong, experienced OR RN Registered Nurse in the Main Operating Room with Neuro Surgery experience.
Responsible for the delivery of safe, effective, and quality patient-family centered care in the operating room and other areas of perioperative services for all patient populations. Supports the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Acts as a resource to peers and as preceptor to new employees. Must be able to fulfill the responsibilities of being on neuro call.
1. Assess patients at intervals as stated in policies and procedures.
2. Develop an individualized perioperative plan of care.
3. Implement the plan of care using the following interventions:
a. Protect patient from injury caused by chemical, electrical, laser, positioning, thermal sources, and extraneous objects.
b. Perform count procedures to protect patient from unintended retained foreign objects.
c. Perform interventions necessary to ensure patient's procedure is performed on the correct site, side, and level.
d. Manage patient's specimen(s) in the appropriate manner.
e. Communicate patient's current status throughout the continuum of care.
f. Administer medication(s) appropriately.
g. Perform interventions to maintain patient's wound and tissue perfusion at or above baseline levels.
h. Perform interventions to maintain the status of the patient's genitourinary, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, endocrine, respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological systems, and fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balances at or above baseline levels.
i. Perform interventions to ensure the patient is at or returned to normothermia at the conclusion of the immediate postoperative period.
j. Perform interventions to protect patient from infection.
k. Assess knowledge level of patient or designated support person and provide education regarding the expected psychosocial response, nutritional management, medication management, pain management, wound management, and expected responses to the operative or invasive procedure.
l. Actively involve patient or designated support person in decisions affecting his or her perioperative plan of care and the rehabilitation process.
m. Protect patient's rights, dignity, and privacy.
n. Provide culturally competent, age-appropriate, ethical care within legal standards of practice.
o. Provide consistent and comparable care regardless of the setting.
4. Evaluate the patient's progress toward attaining outcomes.
5. Transfer care as appropriate.
6. Delegate tasks as appropriate according to the state Nurse Practice Act and job descriptions.
7. Document nursing care.
8. Collaborate effectively with other disciplines as appropriate.
9. Participate in quality review and performance improvement projects.
10. Participate in the performance appraisal process.
11. Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster effective work relationships with team members.
12. Maintain required competencies.
13. Attend required meetings and educational sessions.
14. Act as a patient advocate and maintain privacy of all appropriate information.
15. Act as a knowledgable resource for neuro specialty areas such as:specialty equipment, specialty instrumentation , neuro products and procedures
Graduated from an accredited school of nursing. Diploma Program in Nursing, an Associate Degree in Nursing, Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or Master's Degree in Nursing
Current Florida RN License,
American Heart Association AHA BLS, AHA ACLS, AHA PALS, TNCC and ENPC certification. Employees transferring into position must obtain all certifications within 6 months.
One Year OR Experience & 6 months of Neuro Specialty Experience
2-5 Years OR Experience
Special or additional competencies or qualifications
Maintain neuro surgical competencies
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom