Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room (OR) PRN
Grand Strand community and has facilities throughout the Grand Strand to provide quality, convenient healthcare.
Grand Strand Medical Center is a 301-bed acute care hospital serving residents of Horry and surrounding counties. Our hospital offers the only cardiac surgery program, neurosurgery program and pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) in Horry and Georgetown counties and is a designated Level I Adult Trauma Center and Level II Pediatric Trauma Center by South Carolina DHEC.
Our operating room staff provides excellent care for our patients during procedures.
• We currently have 12 ORs
• Of those 12, 2 are designated CVOR and 1 located on the second floor for C-Sections
• We provide surgical specialties such as general, vascular, neuro, orthopedics, GYN, ENT, urology, ortho-spine, pediatrics, dental, and any others relating to trauma.
• We also provide robotic surgery with our two DaVinci Robots the SI and XI.
• Designated Level 1 Adult Trauma Center and Level 2 Pediatric Trauma Center
• Our CVOR/open heart team is exhibiting tremendous growth by now providing state of the art procedures such as TAVRs (transcatheter aortic valve replacement and robotic CABG/lung procedures
Under the supervision of the Surgical Director, the Operating Room (OR) Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional nursing care as directed by physicians in accordance with established policies and procedures of Grand Strand Regional Medical Center.
In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the health care team, the PCN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates treatment plans.
The Operating Room (OR) Registered Nurse (RN) will function in a direct nursing care roll based on demand in the operating room by circulating, or scrubbing operating room cases.
The Operating Room (OR) Registered Nurse (RN) provides safe nursing care, supervises and evaluates patient care and personnel performance, coordinates nursing activities with other departments and promotes good public relations.
The Registered Nurse will have a valid license under the Compact License Agreement.
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nurse.
Minimum of 1 year of OR RN experience required.