Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, GA Registered Nurse (RN) - Surgery Eastside
is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside Medical Center
has been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women's services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health. Eastside Medical Center
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - OR/Surgery. $15,000 Sign-On Bonus Responsibilities:
- Performs duties in accordance with unit specific standards of care and evidence by documentation, observation and competencies.
- Assessment of postoperative care completed upon entry of patient to the PACU
- Nursing Plan of Care is developed to meet individual patient needs according to nursing standards of care/practice
- Plan is updated with any change in patient condition
- Formulates and takes nursing actions to implement plan of care: records actions and patient response in Meditech.
- Patient/Family involvement is indicated on plan of care if appropriate.
- Patient teaching is planned and implemented.
- Delivers care with respect to the individuals spiritual and cultural needs.
- Changes in patient's physiological and behavioral status are recognized, documented as they occur.
- Adverse response to care or treatment is recognized, documented and reported to the physician.
- Hand Off Communication occurs at shift change, between departments, upon transfer and discharge.
- Provides patient education and documentation of understanding regarding tests, procedures, equipment and medications.
- Manages pain through assessment (with appropriate pain scale) intervention, re-assessment within one hour of intervention.
- Orders are implemented as ordered.
- Physical and psychosocial needs are met for an assigned group of patients.
- Patient care is prioritized and delegated abased on patient needs.
- Provides patient care with consideration of professional ethics. Is aware of hospital ethics policy and utilized as appropriate.
- Delivers care in a safe and effective manner.
- Delivers medication according to policy
- Follow policies and procedures regarding safety and precautions, uses all safety devices and processes.
- Participates in process improvement activity standards.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality and privacy; HIPAA.
- Performs circulating duties according to departmental policy
- Assures that patient and side-site verification is completed according to policy and procedure
- Participates in time out process for patient safety
- Communicates immediately with schedule coordinator any changes in procedure or patient condition and potential delays.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and safe environment for patients and staff according to policy and procedure
- Demonstrates correct and safe technique in the use of equipment according to policy and procedure
- Charges accurately for the use of supplies and equipment
- When assigned to call, responds within specified timeframe
- Communicates with patients' family/significant other on an hourly basis and with any significant status change and appropriately documents.
- May be assigned as charge nurse according to competency validation and departmental needs.
- Current Georgia RN license
- BLS - American Heart Association - required
- ACLS - American Heart Association - required within 60 days of hire or transfer
- CNOR preferred
- Previous OR experience required
- Good communication skills
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom