Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, located on Florida's Emerald Coast, seeks a Registered Nurse (RN)
to join our EP Lab Team!
The Emerald Coast features world famous vacation destinations of Destin, Fort Walton Beach and Okaloosa Island and is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is one of the nation's top performers on quality measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care. The hospital has the tri-county's only comprehensive cardiovascular program. It is also the only acute care hospital in the area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission, a Chest Pain Center and a Cancer Care Center that is affiliated with UAB and accredited by the Commission on Cancer. POSITION SUMMARY:
Provide all nursing care during electrophysiology procedures. To administer, analyze and appraise the care given to patients within the EP Lab. Advise the Cardiovascular Services Director regarding the status of patient care, education, staff development, and performance improvement responsibilities. To anticipate and estimate future needs of the Department to improve quality of patient care. Collaborate and coordinate the efforts of the staff and of the Department to accomplish the mission of FWBMC.Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- State of Florida RN License or State of Florida Radiology License required
- ARRT certification required (if Radiology Tech)
- BCLS-AHA Healthcare Provider certification required upon hire
- ACLS required within 90 days of hire
• 3-5 years invasive cardiovascular experience required
• Cardiovascular nursing or cardiovascular technologist, cath lab, interventional radiology, or electrophysiology experience preferred
Management experience preferred SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
- Basic Arrhythmia course or passed BAC challenge test.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom