Tulane Medical Center - Lakeside Campus - Metairie, LA Registered Nurse (RN) Surgery Department / Operating Room
Come make the move of a lifetime, living and working in exciting and historic New
Orleans! Learn More about living in New Orleans Here .
Practicing on medicine's leading-edge is a rare opportunity indeed. You can do it every
day at Tulane, one of the most acclaimed teaching, research, and medical centers in the
country. Learn more about what our employees have to say about working at Tulane
Medical Center http://bit.ly/2fdd9Ts. About Tulane Lakeside Hospital
For more than 50 years, Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children has provided the knowledge, expertise and specialized care vital to the healthcare needs of women and their babies in Jefferson Parish. Our commitment to treating women and their babies has grown by expanding services and offering a wider range of healthcare options for the entire family. We provide cutting edge technology in many specialties including Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Radiology and Surgery.
Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children is part of Tulane Health System, an acclaimed teaching, research and medical system serving the greater New Orleans area. Our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
As a member of our family, you can be assured of:
- A safe place to work.
- Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform your duties.
- Open and available communication with your supervisors and the leadership of your facility.
- A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and disciplinary proceedings.
- Fair and understandable compensation and benefits.
Tulane Medical Center is currently hiring a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Surgery Department / Operating Room
The Registered Nurse
is a professional nurse who assumes responsibility and accountability for the delivery and management of patient care. S/he utilizes the nursing process, the healthcare environment, and current technology to provide a climate which optimizes patient care and staff development.
Primary Job Duties :
- Assesses patient thoroughly and accurately; assesses patient, family, significant other for educational needs about disease process and treatment; identifies appropriate methods of assessment related to age group; understands normal ranges of physiological standards for age group.
- Documents patient assessment, medication administration, changes in patient's condition, teaching, level of response and method(s) used within unit/department-specific guidelines.
- Individualizes plan of care related to patient diagnosis/condition and age group. Participates in interdisciplinary/discharge planning, including any educational needs into plan of care.
- Implements plan of care, performs ongoing assessments and revises plan of care based on assessment and/or changes in patient condition; involves patient in treatment plans and utilizes equipment required for treatment/procedures appropriate to age group; requests consults as needed; educates patient, family or significant other about disease process and treatment.
- Evaluates the effects of any interventions and adjusts care accordingly; performs systematic and ongoing assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness of instruction/teaching with patient, family or significant other.
- Demonstrates appropriate and effective delegation as governed by the LA State Board of Nursing and policies of TUHC.
- Utilizes time during work hours to maintain safe, clean work environment, help others with patient care, participate in QC checks of equipment, minimum end of shift overtime recorded, participates in PI monitoring; demonstrates prudent use of supplies/equipment.
- Completes all mandatory, regulatory, hospital and unit-based requirements for position by due date; attends 75% of scheduled staff meetings; participates in unit based, department based, or hospital based committees.
Qualifications for OR RN:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current Louisiana Licensure as a Registered Nurse, ACLS Certification required within 1 year of employment for assignment on Adult Critical Care Units, Emergency department and Post Anesthesia Care Unit. PALS Certification required within 1 year of employment for assignment in PICU or within 18 mos. of employment for unit-specific standard. Current CPR certification.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school preparing Registered Nurses.
- Experience: One year in area of practice preferred by not required.
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Effective communication skills; both oral and written. Computer skills needed. Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom