Registered Nurse (RN) Orthopedics PRN
Capital Regional is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
Unit Description: This is a 39 bed surgical inpatient and 18 bed ortho/neuro inpatient unit specializing in the delivery of acute surgical care of the adult patient. Both units are located on the fifth floor. The patient population includes adults undergoing general, gynecological, abdominal, orthopedic, urology, and neurosurgical procedures. Infrequently, the units care for non-cardiovascular medical patients requiring nursing observation and monitoring. Remote telemetry is provided as ordered.
Position Summary: Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
• Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
• Florida RN license and/or approved multi-state RN license required
• BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
• 1-3 Years Acute care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
• Knowledge of universal precautions
• Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
• Basic computer skills
• Basic arrhythmia test recognition - have upon hire or within 30 days of hire with a 90% passing score