Parkridge Medical Center - Chattanooga, TN Registered Nurse (RN) - 5 East - Orthopedics - Full time / Days / 7a-7p Parkridge Medical Center
has served the community for nearly 40 years. Over the years, we have built a reputation for advanced technology and compassionate care, making us a hospital of choice for patients seeking quality treatment in the community. From our comprehensive cardiac services program to orthopedics and oncology care at The Sarah Cannon Cancer Center at Parkridge, we are proud to be one of Chattanooga's best hospitals for healing. Parkridge Medical Center was the first hospital in the area to offer robotic surgery, and features the area's most knowledgeable and experienced robotic surgery team. The Parkridge Medical Center Emergency Department is an Accredited Chest Pain Center, making it a natural choice for those suffering from cardiovascular events when every minute matters. Parkridge
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - 5 East - Orthopedics. Responsibilities:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Recognizes common manifestations of musculoskeletal disorders and implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Continuously performs postoperative assessments, performs nursing interventions and evaluates patient outcomes.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- TN licensure as an RN required
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider required
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- 1 year Med/Surg experience preferred