Medical City North Hills
Registered Nurse - RN
Full Time - FT
Days with Rotating Call Medical City North Hills
is an award-winning acute care hospital located in the heart of northeast Tarrant County, located near the corner of NE Loop 820 and Boulevard 26 in North Richland Hills. Our mission is above all else, to serve, to care for, and to assist in the healing of our patients and their families.
The Registered Nurse PACU
is responsible for the nursing activities in providing quality patient care. The RN is a resource person and provides guidance to other licensed as well as non-licensed personnel.
- Delivers direct patient care according to established standards.
- Uses systematic, initial, ongoing and discharge assessments to evaluate each patient's condition.
- Designs and coordinates the implementation of a plan of care to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
- Collaborates with patient, family and other health care providers to establish plan of care.
- Assures that data is collected, documented and communicated.
- Analyzes data to determine appropriate nursing interventions.
- Sets patient care priorities based on the uniqueness of each patient.
- Differentiates the severity of patient problems and prioritizes patient care.
- Facilitates the continuity of care through coordination and collaboration with other health care team members.
- Utilizes established modalities of pain management to assist the patient toward optimal comfort.
- Utilizes guidelines for discharge.
- Documentation is accurate, timely, concise and legible.
- Reflects professionalism in performance of duty as well as knowledge of procedures necessary to produce desired effect.
- Uses sound nursing judgment in decision-making.
- Maintains or acquires skills on patient care equipment necessary to complete required responsibilities.
- Accesses information/documents on Meditech.
- Administers medication, IV therapy, blood and treatments in an effective and timely manner.
- Participates in the hospital wide Performance Improvement program.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse. Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted; Texas State RN license required 30 days after hire.
- Bachelors' Degree in Nursing and Specialty Certification preferred.
- Certified in CPR Required.
- Certified in ACLS is required, or must be obtained within three months of hire date.
- Minimum of one year of recovery or critical care experience is preferred .
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom