Northside Hospital is seeking a PACU Registered Nurse to join our team!
Named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay for five consecutive years, Northside Hospital is a 288-bed facility serving the community since 1976. Northside is located in the heart of Pinellas County only minutes from the pristine Gulf coast beaches as well as the thriving city life of downtown St. Petersburg, FL. As the first Comprehensive Stroke Center in St. Petersburg, our technologically advanced facility allows our superior physicians and nursing staff to care for our growing community. With campus-based specialized units, such as the Tampa Bay Heart Institute, and the Neuroscience Institute for Interventional Neuroradiology and neurologic care, Northside Hospital continues to enhance and expand its services to better serve the St. Petersburg community. Excelling in Patient Safety, we are the only hospital in St. Petersburg to earn an "A" in the Leapfrog Fall 2015 Hospital Safety Score. Northside also received a 3 Star (highest available) Quality Rating from the Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons .
At Northside, Healing Comes from the HEART. Click here to watch our team talk about how our Values define our culture at Northside Hospital. We provide the highest quality of care in a warm, personalized setting for the patients we serve. We pride ourselves on both our professionalism and compassion. Our staff is comprised of dedicated professionals who have worked for Northside any length of time, ranging from 2 years to 28 years.
- Number of Staff: 25
- 7 Main Operating Rooms plus 2 Open Heart (CVOR) Rooms
- 9 PACU Beds
- Type of Cases: Total Joints, Orthopedics, Spine, General, GU, GYN, ENT, Thoracic, Vascular, and Plastics
- Approximate Number of Cases Performed: Varies...7-20 per day, 3000-3500 annually
- Skill Mix: Registered Nurses and Surgical Technologists (Certified and Non-certified) in Main OR; RNs only in PACU
- Schedules: 8-hour shifts, Monday-Friday, with on-call requirements
- Nursing Diploma or ASN from accredited school of professional nursing required, BSN preferred
- Current Florida State Registered Nursing license
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support), ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support), PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) through American Heart Association required
- Must live within 30-minute drive time radius of the hospital for on-call requirements
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom