The ONE CALL Center Transfer Nurse is responsible for triage of patients to an appropriate HCA Central & West Texas Division hospital through IP and ED transfers and Direct Admissions. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualifications: License/Certification Required:
- Responsible for accepting and tracking all hospital patient transfers and transports. Must be proficient in EMTALA and document all transfers on transfer intake sheet.
- The Transfer Nurse is responsible for completing the feedback loop regarding successful/unsuccessful patient transfer to receiving facility and any status changes during that transfer
- Communicates with physicians and their offices and outlying facilities if bed placement of a specific patient will be problematic. Uses critical thinking skills to determine the best course of action which will be satisfactory to the patient, the physician, and the hospital.
- Works collaboratively with other team members as required to develop and implement the plan of care.
- Consults with on-call physician and/or urgent care physicians on patient care and advice when appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains a high degree of awareness and knowledge of each CWT Division hospital's medical staff, services, and specialty services.
- Makes suggestions and utilizes creative thinking and acquired knowledge to assist in assessing situations and improving department decision-making and action.
- Proficient in running Teletracking, Bed Management and other Call and office-oriented systems as needed.
- Provides assistance in maintaining accurate database of information.
- Assists in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and analyzing of triage problems for the purpose of developing and implementing protocols, policies and procedures.
- Exhibits excellent customer relationship skills, including telephone and personal contact with all of the call center's internal and external customer groups, i.e.,CWT Division hospitals, referral hospitals, clinics, physicians and their office staffs, EMS, etc.
- Deals effectively with unsatisfied customers using STUDOR principals.
- Confidentiality is maintained in sensitive situations or when dealing with classified materials.
Current Texas RN licensure Education Required:
Graduation from an accredited ADN or Diploma programPreferred:
Minimum 2 years ER, acute care experience or critical care experience
5 years of Med Surg experience
3 years of Case Management, House Supervisor, IMC/Tele, OR or Pre-Op experience Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
• Previous telephone triage experience preferred
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including diplomatic and friendly telephone manner and use of professional vocabulary
• Ability to self manage by taking responsibility to initiate, assess and take action
• Ability to function calmly in stressful situations
• Knowledge of CWT Division hospital services lines and clinical capabilities
• Proven basic typing skills, 30 wpm
• Basic personal computer skills
• Positive, enthusiastic, helpful personality
• Customer service oriented
• Physical requirements include the ability to sit for extended periods of time and work in a confined space
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom