Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women's Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions. POSITION SUMMARY:
The RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas Medical Center. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, delegates and coordinates treatment plans and the plan of care. POPULATION SERVED:
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Medical/surgical diagnoses including but not limited to orthopedic, neuro, GI, GU, renal, metabolic, pulmonary systems and those requiring isolation/precautions. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications: REQUIRED LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Assesses and monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and physiological status; takes appropriate action based on assessment.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or delegating care for patients.
- Assists with unit employee process activities, including orientation, professional development.
- Other duties as assigned within scope and practice of licensure.
1. Texas or Compact State Nursing License REQUIRED EDUCATION:
1. Requirements met for licensure
2. BCLS Certification
3. PALS Certification REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
1. Preferred health care experience PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
1. Texas or Compact State Nursing License.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom