We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at Chippenham Hospital.
As one of the largest facilities in HCA, the nation's largest hospital system, Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia's only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
Our skilled and motivated Registered Nurses in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) work closely with a team of highly skilled doctors, called Pediatric Intensivists, to supervise and provide care for patients in the 8 bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. Our PICU enables us to give critically ill children, or children requiring close observation, the specialized care they require.
The Registered Nurse in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit will perform care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director. The Registered Nurse is:
- Responsible for clinical management of the patient.
- Functions as a Registered Nurse by role-modeling professional behavior.
- Functions as a Charge Nurse/Resource Nurse.
- Assures satisfaction of customers (patients, visitors, physicians and staff.
- Participates and understands Quality Management activities.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates understanding of hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Promotes cost effective unit operations.
- Documents nursing care utilizing the appropriate tools.
- Maintains competencies in clinical areas and is responsible for professional growth and development.
- Complies with professional, regulatory, governmental and departmental standards.
- Patient Rights - The Registered Nurse works to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treat each patient with dignity and care, and maintain patient confidentiality/privacy.
- Patient Safety - The Registered Nurse demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products.
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- ACLS certification (preferred)
- PALS certification (preferred)
- At least 1 year of experience as a RN with demonstrated competency in critical care skills (preferred)
- At least 1 year of experience in Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (preferred)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom