Tulane Medical Center - Downtown New Orleans, LA Registered Nurse - Performance Improvement / IRB Coordinator - Quality Improvement
Come make the move of a lifetime, living and working in exciting and historic New
Orleans! Learn More about living in New Orleans Here .
Practicing on medicine's leading-edge is a rare opportunity indeed. You can do it every
day at Tulane, one of the most acclaimed teaching, research, and medical centers in the
country. Learn more about what our employees have to say about working at Tulane
Medical Center http://bit.ly/2fdd9Ts.
About Tulane :
From its humble beginnings in a church schoolroom, Tulane has emerged as a major academic center in the south by adhering to the aspirations of our founders. Simply put, we are in the business of caring for others and for defining the practice of medicine along the way.
At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. These principles reflect our commitment to you in five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation and Rewards, and Staffing.
As a member of the Tulane Medical Center (TMC) family, you can be assured of:
- A safe place to work.
- Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform your duties.
- Open and available communication with your supervisors and the leadership of your facility.
- A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and disciplinary proceedings.
- Fair and understandable compensation and benefits.
Tulane Medical Center is currently hiring a RN Performance Improvement / IRB Coordinator
Responsible for the coordination of the organizational Performance Improvement activities in conjunction with the Accreditation Manager to include data collection, report preparation and data interpretation. Utilizes the hospital approved format of FOCUS/PDCA in Performance Improvement projects. Works with diverse sources such as Operations Managers, Clinical Managers, Risk Manager, Human Resources, Customer Services on collection of individual department data. Distributes data/information to Directors and Managers as directed by the Accreditation Manager or VP, Quality and Risk Management. Prepares reports for the Hospital Performance Improvement Council. Meets with Leadership to discuss action plans and solutions for improvement. Provides oversight of Institutional Review Board (IRB) studies that involve Tulane patients to ensure those studies are conducted according to all applicable federal, state and TMC regulations/guidelines and policies that govern research with human subjects. Maintains and organizes IRB files and attends IRB related meetings. Performs other duties as assigned.
Primary Job Duties:
- Performs data collection, report preparation and data interpretation related to organizational PI activities
- Develops report design and presentation of the data/information as requested by the Accreditation Manager or VP, Quality and Risk Management
- Creates and maintains data on The Joint Commission (TJC) monitors. Establishes and maintains a record keeping/ filing system for retrieval and archiving to monitor trends.
- Coordinates compilation of information from diverse sources to create a consolidated organizational dashboard.
- Utilizes the hospital approved FOCUS/PDCA format in reporting PI information
- Attends organizational and departmental meetings as assigned.
- Provides oversight of Institutional Review Board (IRB) studies that involve Tulane patients to ensure those studies are conducted according to all applicable federal, state and TMC regulations/guidelines and policies that govern research with human subjects.
- Maintains and organizes IRB files.
- Attends IRB related meetings.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Louisiana
- Education: Bachelors in Nursing preferred; may substitute experience
- Experience: 3-5years in a clinical or managerial Nursing position
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Must have good communication skills, computer skills (Microsoft Office suite), group process skills, and presentation and training skill. Must have the ability to organize, prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Hours of work: As scheduled.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom