As one of the largest facilities in the nation's largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia's only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
The Arrhythmia Care Unit is a 10 bed stepdown unit that opened in April, 2014. Typical patient population includes new onset Atrial Fibrillation, antiarrhythmic drug loading and dosing, and post-electrophysiology catheterization lab procedures.
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- The RN Arrhythmia Care Unit will perform care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director.
- The Registered Nurse provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, in support of HCA ethical principles and values.
- The RN is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting all aspects of patient care.
- The Registered Nurse delegates appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides required supervision.
- The RN works closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.
- The Registered Nurse communicates effectively and maintains therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff.
- The RN evaluates patient's signs and symptoms; and records and reports results. The Registered Nurse sets priorities and modifies patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment.
- The RN collaborates with physicians regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment.
- The Registered Nurse assists physician during treatment/examination of patient and processes orders.
- Diploma or Associates Degree from an accredited professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current Registered Nurse License in this state
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- 1 year of experience in area of clinical expertise to which applying (preferred)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom