As one of the largest facilities in the nation's largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia's only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists. Chippenham Emergency Room:
- Level 2 Trauma Center
- 50 Bed ED
- Dedicated 10 Bed Pediatric ED
- Separate 5 Bed Psych ED
- 2 Helipads - Rooftop Helipad is Largest in t he State
- Chest Pain and Stroke Accredited
- Dedicated Point of Care Testing
The Emergency Department Registered Nurse (RN)
will perform care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director.
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- The ER Registered Nurse provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, in support of HCA ethical and compliance principles and values.
- The Emergency Department RN performs and documents initial admission assessment on all patients upon arrival in the Emergency Department. Complete Triage competencies according to triage guidelines within the first year of hire and maintain Triage education thereafter.
- The ER Nurse must perform accurate Triage assessments and exhibit exceptional customer service skills. Plans and provides patient care as per MD, DO, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner orders, established Protocols, and policies.
- The ED Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting all aspects of patient care.
- The ED RN delegates appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides required supervision.
- The Emergency Room Registered Nurse works closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.
- The ER RN communicates effectively and maintains therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff. Evaluates patient's signs and symptoms; and records and reports results.
- The Emergency Department RN sets priorities and modifies patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment. Collaborates with physicians regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment.
- The ER RN assists physicians during treatment/examination of patient and processes orders. Makes appropriate and timely notification to physician on patient condition changes.
- The ED Registered Nurse is expected to attend Unit Meetings as directed by the Nurse Manager and participate in continuing education programs to maintain competence and gain additional skills.
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current Registered Nurse License in this state
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- ACLS and PALS certification (preferred)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom