Rio Grande Regional Hospital - McAllen, TX Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Department
Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH)
, an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 33 years, we have remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical, and specialty services, including:
Rio Grande Regional Hospital
- 24-hour emergency room
- Off-Site Emergency Department
- Level III Trauma Center
- Comprehensive cardiovascular care
- 30-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Department. Responsibilities:
- Utilizing the standards set forth for Nursing Practice by the ANA, and ENA, the RN will organize, modify, evaluate, document and maintain the plan of care for Emergency Department.
- It will include individualized, family centered, holistic, supportive, and safe care.
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written format.
- Flexibility to intervene on a moment's notice.
- Ability to problem-solve, and seek assistance from team members when necessary.
Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing. Current registration with the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas. 2 years of Emergency Department experience preferred.
Current licensure by the State of Texas.
BCLS required for all nurses upon hire.
Nurses with ER Experience, greater than 1 year, are required to have:
- ACLS, PALS, TNCC required upon hire
- ENPC required within a year of hire
New Graduate Nurses, Nurses with less than 1 year ER Experience, and nurses that transfer in from a non-ER unit are required to have:
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire, or transfer date
- PALS and TNCC required within a year of hire, or transfer date
- ENPC required within 18 months of hire, or transfer date
- For nurses that transfer in to the department, the date of transfer will be utilized instead of the date of hire.