We are looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join the Gamma Knife Center at Johnston-Willis Hospital.
At Johnston-Willis Hospital, we have been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years, which means patients can depend on our experience to provide the exceptional care they need. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care-through the Thomas Johns Cancer Hospital-as well as inpatient rehabilitation (with all private rooms), our ER is a state-authorized level III trauma center and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center.
Johnston-Willis Hospital is the only hospital in the area, and only the second in Virginia, to use the Gamma Knife Perfexion ™ , a minimally invasive stereotactic radiosurgery tool that uses extremely precise cobalt radiation beams. The Gamma Knife is used to treat brain tumors, trigeminal neuralgia (face pain), and other neurological disorders. The Registered Nurse (RN) in the Gamma Knife Center performs patient care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director, and is:
- Responsible for clinical management of the patient.
- Functions as a Registered Nurse by role-modeling professional behavior.
- Functions as a Charge Nurse/Resource Nurse.
- Assures satisfaction of customers (patients, visitors, physicians and staff).
- Participates in and understands Quality Management activities.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates understanding of hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Promotes cost-effective unit operations.
- Documents nursing care utilizing the appropriate tools.
- Maintains competencies in clinical areas and is responsible for professional growth and development.
- Complies with professional, regulatory, governmental and departmental standards.
- Patient Rights - Works to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treats each patient with dignity and care, and maintains patient confidentiality/privacy.
- Patient Safety - Demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited School of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse or license pending state board approval (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Previous experience in an acute care facility (p referred)
- 1 year of experience in area of clinical expertise to which applying (preferred)