We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute (formerly the Thomas Johns Cancer Hospital) at Johnston-Willis Hospital. See why our employees like working at Johnston-Willis Hospital!
At Johnston-Willis Hospital
, we have been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years, which means our patients can depend on our experience to provide the exceptional care they need. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in addition to cancer care such as inpatient rehabilitation, our ER which is a state-authorized level III trauma center, and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center.
The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute
which opened in 2009 is a comprehensive cancer hospital offering cutting-edge services. Our specialized surgeons perform the most advanced surgical procedures available. On staff, includes surgical oncologist, surgical urologist, neurosurgeons, GYN oncologists, breast and reconstructive surgeons, medical & radiation oncologists, and a palliative care team all supported by specialized pathologists and radiologists. Our goal is to provide the most personalized approach to our patients' cancer treatment and care. We use the latest in molecular profiling to truly identify the potential cancer-related genetic drivers so treatment may be specific and targeted.
Our Radiation Oncology Department
includes a Gamma Knife Perfexion on site for treating brain tumors as an outpatient in a single visit. In addition, the cancer program is accredited from the American College of Surgeons (ACoS). Our breast services are also accredited through the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). Furthermore, several of our nurses have presented at national conferences, are certified in oncology nursing, and have received awards from the Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) and the Virginia March of Dimes for exemplary oncology nursing care.
The Registered Nurse
performs care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director. The Registered Nurse:
- Responsible for clinical management of the patient.
- Functions as a Registered Nurse by role-modeling professional behavior.
- Functions as a Charge Nurse/Resource Nurse.
- Assures satisfaction of customers (patients, visitors, physicians and staff).
- Participates in and understands Quality Management activities.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates understanding of hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Promotes cost-effective unit operations.
- Documents nursing care utilizing the appropriate tools.
- Maintains competencies in clinical areas and is responsible for professional growth and development.
- Complies with professional, regulatory, governmental and departmental standards.
- Patient Rights - Works to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treats each patient with dignity and care, and maintains patient confidentiality/privacy.
- Patient Safety - Demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited School of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse or license pending state board approval (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Previous experience in an acute care facility (p referred)
- Previous experience in Oncology Medical/Surgical (preferred)