Methodist Texsan Hospital, a campus of Methodist Hospital, excels in nearly all aspects of advanced cardiovascular services and is equipped with dedicated operating room suites and five functional heart catheterization labs. Orthopedic services, which include the famed Joint Replacement Academy, boast some of the best clinical results in the industry. Methodist Texsan Hospital's 30-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit is the newest in the community and takes a team approach to providing excellent rehabilitative care for its patients. The emergency room is full-service and its board-certified emergency medicine doctors work hard for the right clinical diagnosis who strive to take care of patients quickly and efficiently.
The Registered Nurse (RN) PRN
is the patient and patient's family advocate. The RN consistently applies and utilizes the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills, and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients. The RN collaborates with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes. Communicates and utilizes interpersonal skills effectively and role models confidence and professionalism within nursing by active engagement in unit and organizational activities. Demonstrates team work, adaptability, and is a resource person to the patient care team. The RN is accountable for the quality of nursing care services delivered by self or others under their direction in accordance with the Texas Nurse Practice Act, hospital policies, and the Texas Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks (Chapter 224). Essential Job Functions
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Applies nursing judgment through a thorough, systematic approach of applying the nursing process, to include:
- Assessment : Conducts ongoing focused physical, psychosocial, and pain assessments; includes assessment of patient education needs.
- Planning : Utilizes the assessment, identifies problems, makes nursing diagnoses, formulates goals, teaching plans and outcomes to create an individualized plan of care. Identifies individual patient goals, readiness to learn, and incorporates family into the plan of care.
- Implementation : Prioritizes and implements an efficient nursing plan of care.
- Evaluation/Reassessment : Consistently conducts timely evaluations, recognizes changes in patient conditions, determines when reassessments are needed, and adjusts the plan of care as necessary. Compares expected and achieved outcomes of nursing care utilizing the plan of care.
- Collaborates with patient care team members on patient care plan, incorporating consistent use of hand-off communication and SBAR communication methods.
- Prioritizes tasks and adjusts priorities when necessary. Maintains an orderly, efficient, and timely flow of patients. Recognizes and reports errors or unusual occurrences, and initiates corrective action when appropriate.
- Makes accurate, complete, and timely entries into the patient medical record addressing all steps of the nursing process. Actively communicates with members of the healthcare team, patient, and patient family.
- Maintains current nursing knowledge to assure a safe working environment.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (required)
- Acceptable degrees from an accredited school include: Diploma Program in Nursing, an Associate Degree in Nursing, or a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Verification of high school/GED is required for those who completed Diploma Program in Nursing
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (preferred)
- RN License to practice as a professional registered nurse in the state of Texas. (required)
- Certification in area of specialty (preferred)
- A minimum of six (6) months clinical experience as a licensed RN
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom