Military & Spouses of Military are now being offered a New Hire Bonus to join our HCA team of hospitals!! HCA is dedicated to hiring our American Heroes and bringing those iconic military branch values and work ethic to join our teams and provide care to our communities while ensuring our military and their families' success in the civilian work sector. Bonus Amount - 24 month commitment to an HCA facility - RN - $5,000
For more than 55 years, Lake City Medical Center has provided medical care to this community - the home to our patients, our staff and our physicians. The hospital was recently named one of the nation's top performers on key quality measures by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of healthcare organizations in America. Our facility has also been voted by the readers of The Lake City Reporter as the "Best of the Best" Hospital in our community for 13 consecutive years.
The ICU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
** Qualified Active Duty Military, Reserves or Veteran / Spouse of Active Duty Military, Reserves or Veteran (Registered Nurse, Certified Surgical Technicians and Paramedic) recruits will be eligible for a sign-on bonus when hired to join our HCA team of caregivers. Speak to a Recruiter for more details.Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- State of Florida RN License required
- BLS required
- ACLS within 90 days of hire required
- Must complete basic arrhythmia class and /or pass arrhythmia test with > 80% within 3 months of hire
- CCRN preferred
Requirements for Military and Spouse Bonus Offer.
- Acute care experience required
- Critical Care Experience preferred
Active Duty Military, Reserves or Veteran / Spouse of Active Duty Military, Reserves or Veteran
Minimum of 1 year experience or equivalent calculated experience in military or civilian setting.
Preferred Military experience: Navy Hospital Corpsman, 66 Series Army Nurse/Medic, Coastguard Health Services Technician, Air Force 46 series Nurse or 4XXXX Series Enlisted Medical
HCA Hiring Heroes - Military Candidates - Talk to a Recruiter Now
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom