Centerpoint Medical Center - Independence, MO Registered Nurse (RN) - Progressive Care Unit (PCU) - FT days Relocation assistance of $5,000 and sign-on bonus up to $5000 available for qualified candidates! Come Grow With Us.
Find a job in healthcare with Centerpoint Medical Center, located in Independence. Your passion is caring. So is ours. Come grow your career with us-become a member of a collaborative team whose mission focuses on the care and improvement of human life. At Centerpoint Medical Center, you'll find that caring extends to both our patients and our people.
Learn More About Being a Registered Nurse (RN) at Centerpoint Medical Center: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPMxGNAx0D4 Centerpoint Medical Center
features 221 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility, and more. Centerpoint Medical Center
features the following:
- Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Service
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
- Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
- An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
- Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
- Women's Services, including a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
- Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
- The registered nurse coordinates and provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the PCU patient.
- Nursing care is provided in accordance with the hospital and departmental policies and procedures, and supports the mission of the hospital.
- The registered nurse in this department provides care for ages 16 and over, young adult patients 18-39 years, adult patients age 40-64 years, and geriatric patients age 65 and older.
- Patients under the age of 16 will be cared for until stable enough for transfer.
- The registered nurse on the PCU Unit will, in addition to basic preparation, acquire advanced knowledge in the psychosocial, spiritual, pathophysiological, and therapeutic components specific to the care of the patients requiring step-down care and cardiac monitoring.
- Graduation from a school of nursing with either a Diploma, ADN or BSN
- Must hold a current license from the Missouri State Board of Nursing
- BLS certification upon hire
- ACLS certification with 6 months - 1 year.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom