Henrico Doctors Hospital:
We're a 340-bed community hospital with the latest in advanced technology, a combination that enables us to deliver exceptional results. As part of our full range of healthcare services, we specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health-including high-risk pregnancies, maternity and neonatal intensive care-orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants-through the Virginia Transplant Center-and we lead the state in minimally invasive procedures, having performed more da Vinci® robotic-assisted surgeries than any other facility in Virginia.
The Progressive Neuro Care Unit RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
• Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
• Carries out physician orders.
• Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
• Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
• Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
• Instructs and educates patients and families.
Additional Unit Information:
23 bed Unit/LOT is 3 days/We see all neuro type diagnosis patients - strokes, seizures, craniotomy patients/We also see brain injury patients and spinal cord injury patients/Experienced nurses from 20 years to new graduate level work together on this unit.
Required Job Qualifications include:
• Current licensure as an RN - Considers New Graduate Nurses
• Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
• Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
• Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
• Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom