Why We Like Working for Henrico Doctors Hospital: Hear what some of our employees have to say about why they love working here !
Henrico Doctors Hospital: We're a 340-bed community hospital with the latest in advanced technology, a combination that enables us to deliver exceptional results. As part of our full range of healthcare services, we specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health-including high-risk pregnancies, maternity and neonatal intensive care-orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants-through the Virginia Transplant Center-and we lead the state in minimally invasive procedures, having performed more da Vinci® robotic-assisted surgeries than any other facility in Virginia. Progressive Care Neurovascular Unit:
- 23-bed telemetry unit.
- We have 39 employees including tech's.
- Providing and enhancing inpatient care for neurological disorders, as well as neurological trauma injuries
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital is a proud recipient of the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for stroke care as well as spinal fusions, and named a Certified Primary Stroke center by Joint Commission.
- New Graduates Nurses are encouraged to join our team and become proficient in their skills
The Progressive Care Neurovascular Unit RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
• Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
• Carries out physician orders.
• Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
• Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
• Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
• Instructs and educates patients and families.Qualifications:
Required Job Qualifications include:
• Current licensure as an RN
• Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
• Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
• Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
• Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom