Why We Like Working for Henrico Doctors Hospital: Hear what some of our employees have to say about why they love working here ! HENRICO DOCTORS' HOSPITAL EARNS HONORS AS A TOP NURSE EMPLOYER IN VIRGINIA
Henrico Doctors' Hospital named to Nurse.org's Best Hospitals For Nurses to Work For in Virginia
RICHMOND, VA - January 16th, 2018 - Nurse.org , the web's leading career site for nurses, has recognized Henrico Doctors' Hospital as one of the top hospitals for nurses to work for in Virginia. Over the past two years, Nurse.org has collected 1,118 surveys of nurses from 107 hospitals in Virginia about their workplace satisfaction. The data from the reviews from Virginia state revealed that Henrico Doctors' Hospital has one of the highest levels of job satisfaction among its nurses.
Reviewers cited supportive coworkers, flexible scheduling, and competitive pay as the basis for the 4.0 star rating with 88% of the nurses surveyed recommending the hospital as an employer.
Nurse.org's Product Manager, Phillip Lee, congratulated Henrico Doctors' Hospital on this achievement saying, "We're excited to be able to recognize Henrico Doctors' Hospital for providing an excellent work environment for our nurses. Our survey data shows the hospital ranks in the top 2% in the state for nurse job satisfaction. By supporting nurses through an educational hospital where nurses can thrive and be successful, they are leaving a positive impact on their community."
Nurse.org provides a safe platform on which nurses leave honest workplace reviews. Completely anonymous, nurses share their opinions about culture, nurse-to-patient ratios, and other matters important to them.
Making the list of top hospitals shows the facility is focused on nurse satisfaction. Nurse recruitment -- a challenge today -- becomes easier when the hospital can demonstrate its commitment to nurses by pointing to an unbiased source.
The full rankings of the Best Hospitals in Virginia or Nurses is available to view at
To see all of the Henrico Doctors' Hospital reviews, see their facility page on Nurse.org. Progressive Care Neurovascular Unit:
- 23-bed telemetry unit.
- We have 39 employees including tech's.
- Providing and enhancing inpatient care for neurological disorders, as well as neurological trauma injuries
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital is a proud recipient of the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for stroke care as well as spinal fusions, and named a Certified Primary Stroke center by Joint Commission.
- New Graduates Nurses are encouraged to join our team and become proficient in their skills
The Progressive Care Neurovascular Unit RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
• Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
• Carries out physician orders.
• Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
• Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
• Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
• Instructs and educates patients and families.Qualifications:
Required Job Qualifications include:
• Current licensure as an RN
• Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
• Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
• Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
• Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom