South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers (STRIC) provides full service, outpatient diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology services in San Antonio, Texas. STRIC prides itself in providing exceptional customer service in every aspect of their business, with highly qualified and experienced registered technologists performaing medically responsible imaging exams using some of teh latest imaging technology available. STRIC's growth strategy is centered around adapting to the needs of its patients by continually adjusting to a constantly changing environment. For more information go to http:/stric.com.
General Statement of Duties:
The RN in Radiology is responsible to provide continuous quality nursing care to patients, age infant to geriatric, through the nursing process of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating. Will perform all aspects of the nursing process, a large percentage of his/her time is spent on monitoring patients who receive sedation/analgesia and/or are undergoing invasive procedures. Must effectively maintain the standard of practice, supplies and equipments and promotes communication and collaboration with physicians, radiology staff and other members of the healthcare team.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides care to patients using the nursing process as a guide for actions, assesses and formulates an appropriate plan that addresses: educational needs, discharge planning, age-specific needs, bio-psycho-social needs and patient/family preference.
2. Administers and monitors patients undergoing sedation/analgesia per physician order and hospital protocol. Monitors patients undergoing invasive procedures in the Radiology department(s).
3. Demonstrates knowledge and competency of patient care requirements specific to the Radiology department(s) including the safe and correct transporting and positioning of patients, use of and possible reactions to contrast media and radiation safety procedures.
4. Maintains specialized knowledge and competence required to ensure personal safety as well as the safety of patients and others in the Radiology environment. Incorporates National Safety Goals to all areas of Nursing Practice.
5. Employs effective clinical leadership skills. Plans, organizes and delegates work to other personnel based on knowledge of patients needs and the skills and competencies of the personnel. Provides nursing support to technologists in all Radiology modalities as needed including assisting patients experiencing unanticipated allergic reactions.
6. Interacts and communicates effectively with all members of the health care team. Must be able to complete assignments independently and to work as part of a team; to take instructions from supervisors; to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, patients, and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
Minimum Education and Experience:
1. Graduate of an accredited program of nursing education- associate degree, diploma or baccalaureate program.
2. Must maintain BLS Instructor Certification in order to train STRIC employees BLS/CPR.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
1. Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas.
2. Current CPR certification and ACLS certification.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom