Registered Nurse, PACU, PRN
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL Facility Description:
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top Performing Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350 skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care and Blue Distinction for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine Institute.
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Job Description:
The PACU RN provides nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
Qualifications: Position Qualifications:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the patient in the immediate post-operative or post-procedural period.
- Provides comfort and support for post-operative patients.
- Evaluates responses to treatments and interventions.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Anticipates case specific needs based on knowledge of procedure and pathophysiology regarding patient and procedure.
- Manages patient's pain.
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs.
- Maintains aseptic technique and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Current FL RN Licensure.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider, ACLS, PALS.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom