Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women's Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions. POSITION SUMMARY:
The RN PACU Staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedure of Las Palmas Medical Center. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the hearth care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and coordinates treatment plans to meet the needs of the surgical schedule, surgeons, anesthesia providers, patients and staff needs.
The PACU RN collaborates with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians to deliver quality health care; provides professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process; practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with all internal and external customers; participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes; supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel; serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information; plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient; evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychological status, takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient. POPULATION SERVED:
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Pre and intraoperative interventions, including but not limited to vascular, neuro, thoracic, GI, GU, GYN, orthopedic, skeletal/muscular conditions and diseases, etc. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications: REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS
- Nurse demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process for PACU patients of all ages in each assigned areas.
- Nurse provides leadership and direction to all disciplines assigned to the health care team.
- Provides for the smooth processing of patients into and out of the department.
- Assists in the Performance Improvement activities of the department. Assigns staff RN's to complete chart audits as required by department.
- PACU Nurse demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process related in the PACU department.
- Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and physiological status; takes appropriate action based on assessment when recovering a patient from surgery.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or delegating care for a group of patients.
- Educates the patient/family based on individual needs.
- Provides and ensures patient safety at all times.
- Practices sterile and aseptic techniques as indicated for procedures in PACU/OP Recovery.
- Maintains patient privacy at all times.
- Has the ability to use all the equipments in the PACU unit in a proficient and safe manner.
- Logs in unit pertinent data in the logbook completely, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with OR, Outpatient Recovery, Urology, Cardiology, and Radiology and with other staff members to
- facilitate the management of the day's scheduled cases.
- Is responsible for following the hospital and PACU/OP Recovery policies and procedures.
- Licensure that allows the practice of professional nursing in the State of Texas.
- TNCC within 6 months of hire
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds with assistance from other staff.
- Ability to manage a team and work within a tam to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to prioritize needs continuously.
- Basic computer skills needed.
- Specialty certification/Training as appropriate
- Able to recognize basic dysrhythmias
- Critical care or PACU experience preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom