Mainland Medical Center - Texas City, TX Registered Nurse - Rehab Full Time/Days
Founded in 1952, Mainland Medical Center
has been part of Galveston County for more than 55 years. Originally a 90-bed hospital, we have grown to a 223 bed acute care facility offering quality, compassionate care with state-of-the-art services. Our services include inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services.
Mainland Medical Center is part of the HCA Gulf Division, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers, cancer centers, and diagnostic imaging facilities. It offers a complete continuum of specialized health programs and services that meet the needs of Greater Houston and South Texas residents and businesses. Our growth is truly a reflection of the changing needs of our community, our patients and rapidly advancing medical technology. Our services include:
Mainland Medical Center
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Sleep Disorders
- Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Emergency Services
- Level II Neonatal Intermediate Care Unit
- Occupational Health and Wellness
- Senior Mental Health
- Women's Services
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse for the Rehab Unit. This is a full time/days position. Responsibilities:
This Job Description for the Staff RN on the Rehabilitation Nursing Unit provides for evaluation of the Registered Nurse working in a Staff RN position. The Staff RN assigned to the to the Rehabilitation Nursing Unit cares for patients in the age ranges listed: adult and geriatric.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients and attends weekly staffing as assigned.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for Rehabilitation Nursing and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment on the unit. Ensures patient/guardian signs Privacy Act upon admission.
- Maintains competency in performing all skills outlined in the Rehabilitation Nursing Competency Skills list.
- Participated in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care. Will participate in peer review and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Responsible for direction of emergent care in crisis situation in a calm, knowledgeable manner.
- Assumes the responsibility of charging unit, as appropriate.
- Responsible for administration of medication administration, knowledgeable of actions, indications, adverse drug reactions, and route of drug administered.
- Maintains clear and respectful communication with patients, family, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
- Assist physician with special procedure.
Qualifications: Special Qualifications:
- Adheres to and complies with HCA Code of Conduct as part of our Ethics and Compliance program. Attends annual training sessions.
One year prior clinical experience preferred.
Graduate of accredited school of nursing
Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
Current CPR certification
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom