Medical City of Ft. Worth is a 320 bed MAGNET facility located in the heart of Fort Worth. It serves as a tertiary referral center not only for Tarrant County, but also numerous counties within a 90 mile radius.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
- Accredited AMI Program
- Accredited Stroke Center
- Cardiovascular center of Excellence
- Critical Care Unit - RN
- The counties' most premier Transplant services facility- Fort Worth Transplant Institute
The ideal candidate will perform all aspects of patient care, including diagnosis, treatments and consultations Medical Surgery Unit. As an integral part of our team you will be performing the important task of educating patients about preventative care, and executing prescribed treatment plan.
Seasonal Position for PCU Seasonal Program Runs October 1 st , 2017 - May 12 th , 2018 Rate: $55/hour Completion Bonus: Paid after the successful completion of 16 weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period. Work Schedule: PRN (must be flexible). All Seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period. Qualifications: Essential Professional Requirements:
- Assesses patients to assist physician in determining a diagnosis and treatment plan. .
- Provides comfort and support for post-operative patients.
- Evaluates responses to treatments and interventions.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Anticipates case specific needs based on knowledge of procedure and pathophysiology regarding patient and procedure.
- Manages patient's pain.
- Maintains aseptic technique and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Minimum of 1 year as an RN, with acute care/hospital experience.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing; BSN required
- Licensed Registered Nurse from the Texas State Board of Nursing or compact license is accepted.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom