Research Psychiatric Center, Kansas City, MO Registered Nurse (RN) - Senior Adult Unit (Warrensburg)
At Research Psychiatric Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life . Research Psychiatric Center has provided comprehensive behavioral health services for more than 25 years to teenagers, adults and seniors dealing with emotional disorders, mental illness and substance abuse.
Are you looking for a place to make a difference with a healthcare system that offers the best resources to not only the community, but also its employees? Working in geriatrics gives nurses the opportunity to work with our older adult population who have contributed so much to our lives while assisting them and their families in adjusting to the multiple changes of aging-which may include a decline in physical or mental health, or both.
Bridges Senior Behavioral Health Unit is a beautiful 12 bed acute care inpatient senior adult unit at Western Missouri Medical Center that provides specialized behavioral and psychiatric care to those 65 years and older. Staffing ratios are dependent upon census and level of acuity, and is well staffed to manage the multiple needs of the aging population. Top 3 reasons why employees love working in the Senior Adult Unit:
About Research Psychiatric Center:
- Great team to work with
- Quality focus in all aspects of care
- Compassion for our patients
Our mental health programs offer a complete range of acute inpatient, day treatment and community based outpatient behavioral healthcare. Our professional staff includes psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and licensed professional counselors, all with special training to care for people with mental, emotional or behavioral disorders. We are dedicated to helping our patients find their path to recovery through therapy, counseling and other treatment methods. Our treatment plans are created to fit each patient's individual health needs. Our 100 bed facility is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and from the State of Missouri. All hospital based services include full psychiatric, psychosocial and medical evaluations.
Learn more about working at Research Psychiatric Center: http://researchpsychiatriccenter.com/about/ Respon sibilities:
- The role of the Registered Nurse is to perform patient care under the direction of the Nurse Manager / Chief Nursing Officer.
- The Registered Nurse provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, and in support of the mission of Research Psychiatric Center.
- The Registered Nurse in the Senior Adult Unit provides care for the Senior Adult population from 65 .
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with either an ADN or BSN degree.
- Must hold a current license from the Missouri Board of Nursing.
- BLS through AHA required upon hire
- One to two years of experience in an inpatient psychiatric setting is preferred.