We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN)
to join the Stress Lab at Chippenham Hospital.
We are a fast-paced cardiac stress lab with 3 procedure rooms at Chippenham Hospital as well as 2 procedure rooms at Johnston-Willis Hospital, our sister facility. Our team of skilled Registered Nurses and Clinicians perform Stress Testing, both exercise and chemical, Cardiopulmonary studies, Holter Monitoring, as well as Transesophageal Echocardiograms (TEE's) daily. Our RNs are the only nurses in our facilities who administer imaging enhancement agents used in Echocardiograms, and we do so throughout the hospitals as needed.
As one of the largest facilities in HCA which is the nation's largest hospital system, Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia's only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
The Stress Lab Registered Nurse (RN) performs care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director. The Stress Lab RN:
- Follows all hospital safety procedures including universal precautions, operating equipment and use of proper body mechanics.
- Assures satisfaction of customers (patients, visitors, physicians, and staff).
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency in department procedures including stress testing, Holter monitors, cardiopulmonary tests and transesophageal echocardiograms.
- Recognizes contraindications for stress testing as well as appropriate versus inappropriate response to testing.
- Coordinates daily schedule to ensure timely completion of testing.
- Completes mandatory hospital and department competencies as assigned.
- Participates in department CQI activities.
- Able to administer conscious sedation in minimal lighting for TEE/CV patients.
- Diploma or Associates Degree from an accredited school of Nursing (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- ACLS certification (required)
- PALS certification (required)
- One year of experience as a staff nurse on a telemetry or critical care unit (required)
- Stress Lab experience (preferred)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom