With more than 110 sites across Central Texas, St. David's HealthCare includes seven of the area's leading hospitals and is one of the largest health systems in Texas. The organization was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award -the nation's highest presidential honor for performance excellence-in 2014. St. David's HealthCare is the third-largest private employer in the Austin area, with more than 9,000 employees.
Under the supervision of the Nurse Manager and in accordance with the hospital policies and procedures, coordinates and supervises the planning and implementation of intra- and interdepartmental activities of the unit. The Supervisor of Nursing Unit is responsible for an awareness of patient conditions and problems and notifies managers as necessary. Collaborates with supervisors, physician offices, and Pre-Surgical Testing.Qualifications: POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Completion of or actively pursuing a BSN degree.
- Minimum of two years specialized nursing experience applicable to the unit.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Surgery scheduling experience
- Charge nurse experience .