GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Perioperative Services Registered Nurse will obtain a broad spectrum of nursing skills and should be able to handle the stresses of a crisis situation and still display a tolerant, calm appearance and professional attitude. He/she must work effectively with fellow employees from all units. He/she should also be able to delegate authority and accept responsibility for own actions and the actions of those under their supervision. They must fulfill the standard of professional ethics and demonstrate exceptional customer service skills while acting as a role model and resource person for others in the department.
When it comes to patient care, we strive to be the healthcare provider of choice. When it comes to employee care, our goal is to be the employer of choice.
Benefits for Full Time Employees include:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Account
- Long Term and Short Term Disability Benefits
- Direct Deposit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- And more!
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Graduate of a Nursing Program from an accredited school
- Currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Louisiana
- CPR for Healthcare Providers to be completed within 30 days of hire
- ACLS to be completed within 180 days of hire
- At least one year of general nursing experience preferred
- All aspects of nursing care granted her/him by licensure.
- Patient preparation in Holding.
- Coordination of Personnel Resources.
- Coordination of case scheduling and start times with the OR Scheduler and Control Desk.
- Equipment maintenance.
- COE and cost savings initiatives.
- Participate in surgical PI development and reporting.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom