Coliseum Northside is a 103-bed community hospital that specializes in orthopedics, spine care, bariatric surgery and gastric reflux disease. Coliseum Northside Hospital operates a full-service 24-hour emergency room with specialized pediatric care, has inpatient and outpatient surgery options, diagnostic services, and an orthopedic and spine center. Through our Georgia Bariatric Center, we provide the latest in weight loss surgery. We also offer outpatient services for sleep disorders, wound healing, as well as radiology and laboratory services. Our comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation center provides speech, occupational and physical therapy and has transportation services provided at no cost to our patients.
Operating Room RN provides professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process in the peri-operative setting.
2. Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
3. Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
4. Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
5. Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
6. Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
7. Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
8. Accurately records patient charges.
9. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
11. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
12. Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
13. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
14. Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
15. Adheres to chain of command policy.
16. Other duties as assigned.
A. Core Competencies:
1. Service: Strives to meet expectations/needs of customers; responds to concerns with sense of urgency; seeks win-win solutions for unreasonable patient/customer expectations
2. Quality/Ethics/Integrity: Seeks opportunities for improvement; prevents small problems from becoming large ones; pays attention to detail; follows instructions and protocol/procedures; adheres to company code of conduct; maintains integrity in all aspects of his/her work
3. Relationships: Builds effective working relationships; finds and provides information to clarify situations; expands on original ideas; contributes own ideas; places high priority on other team members' goals; gains team agreement to support ideas; clearly explains rationale behind ideas/goals; demonstrates sensitivity to differing cultural views and needs; meets attendance and punctuality requirements
4. Adaptability: Seeks to understand changes in work tasks/processes; actively seeks information about new tasks/processes; treats change and new tasks/processes as opportunities for learning and personal growth; speaks positively about changes to others; quickly modifies behavior to deal effectively with change
B. Job Specific: As defined in department specific competencies
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
• Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
• State of Georgia RN License required
• BLS AHA Healthcare Provider required
• CNOR preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
• Minimum 1 year previous perioperative experience or completion of Perioperative Nursing course preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
• Knowledge of body substance isolation
• Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
• Basic computer skills
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom