Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood, Texas Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Surgical/Telemetry - Unit
Shift: 7P-7A, 3 days a week, rotating weekends
The most advanced hospital services available in the Houston area are right in your own backyard at Kingwood Medical Center. As part of the nationwide HCA Healthcare system, Kingwood patients have access to advanced medical care and physicians trained at top hospitals. HCA and Kingwood Medical Center also provide the communities of Northeast Houston, Humble, New Caney and Cleveland, Texas with education and outreach programs.
Our doctors, nurses and staff are committed to preserving and extending the health of our patients. Here are just a few ways we show that commitment:
• 24-hour emergency room
• Innovative and customized cardiovascular services, including heart and vascular surgery
• State of the art imaging and endoscopy services for more accurate diagnosis and treatment plans
• Inpatient rehab
for physical recovery from stroke, trauma, orthopedic injuries and more
• Neurosciences program including our Joint-Commission-accredited Primary Stroke Center and the Sleep Center of Excellence
• Women's Center and pediatric services with access to pediatric specialists 24/7 Kingwood Medical Center
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical/Surgical/Telemetry. Responsibilities:
- The registered nurse is responsible for coordinating the nursing care of assigned patients in the Unit in order to provide quality patient care to patients in applicable age specific populations.
- The RN applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development.
- Employee is responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the appropriate age populations.
- According to established facility policies and procedures, the registered nurse provides and supplies professional nursing care exercising independent judgment in utilizing the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate.
- The RN provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other patient care team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- Actual duties and responsibilities may vary depending on assigned area.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing.
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Minimum Work Experience:
- One (1) or more years recent clinical experience as an RN.
- Ability to communicate verbally in writing.
- Good clinical skills and judgment.
- Current Texas license as RN.
- Current CPR Course Completion.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom